TABLE OF CONTENTS
Recently Microsoft released their latest version of the web hosting bundle (ASP.NET Core Runtime 6.0.2). We have found that with this release installed, it breaks the auto-update feature of ManagementStudio for customers who are on version v2022.0.6.5 or lower. The auto-update completes, however when it attempts to restart the client, it fails to launch because the website services isn’t running.
How to check the version of the web hosting bundle installed
- Logon the server.
- Open PowerShell and enter the following command:
- dotnet --list-runtimes
- RDP session onto the server.
- Open IIS Manager.
- Locate the ManagementStudio (1) website.
- Click Start (2) to start the website.
- Switch to a Client and attempt to launch ManagementStudio.
Please note, a forward fix has been implemented in ManagementStudio v2022.0.8.6 and later versions.