If Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is not collecting application usage, there may be three settings that need to be enabled in your client policy.
- In the Configuration Manager console, click Administration (#1 in the image below) and then Client Settings (#2)
- Right-click the appropriate client settings policy (#3) and select Properties (#4).
Enable Hardware Inventory
- In the Default Settings dialog box, select Hardware Inventory (#1) from the left panel
- Ensure that Enable hardware inventory on clients is set to Yes (#2)
- Click Set Classes ... (#3)
- In the Hardware Inventory Classes window, ensure the Recently Used Applications class is selected and all options displayed below are selected.
- Click OK to dismiss the Hardware Inventory Classes window
Enable Software Inventory and Software Metering
- While still in the Default Settings dialog box, click Software Inventory (#1) from the left menu
- Ensure that Enable software inventory on clients is set to Yes (#2)
- Next, select Software Metering (#1)
- Ensure that Enable software metering on clients is set to Yes (#2)
- Click OK to confirm the changes and close the Default Settings dialog.
Client computers are configured with these settings the next time they download the client policy.