If a device has a user link set as "Primary" affinity, add the user's email to the device as the Primary Contact
In a scenario where a device-based Deployment Units will be used, it's very useful to be able to email the devices. This can be
achieved if the device has a Primary Contact email address.
Look for the Primary User of each device. Add their email to the "Primary Contact" of each device
1. Admin -> Devices -> Details Config -> make any available CustomProperty visible and change the order so that this appears near to the Primary Contact Email field
2. Change the Display Name to "User First Name" -> Save Changes
3. Make a note of which CustomProperty was used (eg. CustomProperty1)
4. Admin -> Devices -> Powershell Scripts -> Devices -> Click here to add new item -> Script Name: "Machine Primary User"
5. Edit script (scroll button) and copy/paste into the PowerShell Editor from this link
6. In the second line of the script set $Device_FirstName = 'CustomProperty1' (custom property used in step 1)
7. Click OK
8. With the column picker turn on column Grant Access 2
9. Add the Project Admin role to Grant Access 2 to enable the script to be manually run by admins
10. Click Save Changes
11. Scroll to the right and run the script
12. Open Devices -> All Devices. Open a device which has at least one user. Validate that the Primary User Email has been populated with the user's email address.
13. Admin -> Devices -> Powershell Scripts -> Devices -> Add a Schedule to the Schedule 1 column for that script
14. Click Save Changes
15. This script will then run automatically