TABLE OF CONTENTS
- User Interface
- Using the Context Menu
- Further Support
The Mailbox module follows the same Common Grid Layout format as the Applications, Users, Deployment Units, Defects and Bespoke modules. A description of the Common Grid Functionality can be found here.
How to see Application, User Migration, Device count for each Mailbox on the grid
From the Link Counts section of the Ribbon,
- click on Applications, User Migrations, Mailbox or Devices
- Note the count column that appears on the grid
How to Manually create a New Mailbox
Mailboxes are generally created through the use of the Import Tool using, however, if necessary, it is possible to manually create new Mailboxes. Note, a universal license will be required for each new Mailbox added to the database. Note, the Mail Name titles can be changed in the Admin section.
Click the New button in the ToolbarEnter the Mail Name 1, Mail Name 2 and Mail Name 3
The Mail Name 1 is mandatory
Choose the Process and Sub Process that the device will be assigned to. The defaults will already be selected.
Using the Context Menu
The Context Menu (Right Click on the Grid) provides multi select functionality to the grid. It is possible to select one item using the left click of the mouse, or multiple items using a combination of ctrl or shift and left click. Once selected Right Click the mouse for the Context Menu.
Deployment Unit information will only be available on the context menu if it is enabled in Administration\Devices\Self Schedule & DU
How to Override Deployment Unit Information
The Context menu can be used to Add and Remove a Deployment Unit for a Mailboxes. Multiple Mailboxes can be added to and removed from Deployment Units using the context menu.
Additionally, it is possible to override Deployment Unit information for one or many Mailboxes by selecting Override Migration Slot
This functionality should only be used as an exception when it is absolutely necessary to hand craft a particular migration
- Select the information that needs to be overridden by using the checkboxes to the right. Be careful as this will override information for all of the Devices selected.
- Change the information you wish to set for all Mailboxes selected
- Click Update
How to bulk copy field information from the Grid
Using the Right Click Context menu, it is possible to copy multiple pieces of information for multiple Mailboxes . After clicking Copy in the context menu, select the fields to be copied to the Clipboard
Note: The Copy button has three additional choices: -Copy No Header -Copy Comma Delimited -Copy Space Delimited
Adding Links to Applications, Devices, Mailboxes or Bespoke objects
In the example below, Application links are added to Mailboxes . The same process can be used for Mailboxes , Devices or Bespoke Objects. Generally Links are created automatically using connectors to (for example) SCCM, SNOW, NextThink etc. The information below shows how to do this process manually using the context menu.
Select the Mailboxes that need to be updated. Right click for the context menu and select "Link Applications..."
- Search for the Application to be liked to each Mailboxes
- Select the Application from the Grid
- Click Create Links
After clicking Create Links, a link between each Mailbox and that application will be created.
The "Create Links" button has a number of additional options depending upon whether Mailboxes, Devices, Mailboxes and Mailboxes are enabled in ManagementStudio. This is discussed in the Complex Links section below.
Adding Complex Link information between Applications, Devices, Mailboxes and Mailboxes
Sometimes it is necessary to manually create a link chain between more than one item. For example:
LONPC001 as application Adobe Acrobat installed for John Smith
In this example;
- Select the device LONPC001 from the main Devices grid. Right click for the context menu and select: "Add Links\To Applications"
- When the Applications chooser appears, search for Adobe Acrobat, select the correct version. Now click on the down arrow on the Create Links button (see step 3 above)
- Select Additional Links to User Migrations
- The User Migration chooser will now appear. Select the User Migration or Migrations that need to be linked to the Device->App->User relationship
- Click Create Links
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.