TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Bespoke Items module follows the same Common Grid Layout format as the Applications, Users, Deployment Units, Defects and Bespoke modules. A description of the Common Grid Functionality can be found here.
Bespoke Items can be used to literally track anything. Each field can be renamed in the admin section during project startup so that it's possible to track anything. Bespoke items could be Documents, Office Desks, Telephones, SIM Cards, Data Center Racking etc. The advantage of having a Bespoke Items Module is that it is possible to link those items to Users, Devices, Applications and Deployment Units.
How to see Application, User Migration, Mailbox count for each Bespoke Item on the grid
From the Link Counts section of the Ribbon,
- click on Applications, User Migrations, Mailbox or Devices
- Note the count column that appears on the grid
How to Manually create a New Bespoke Item
Bespoke Items are generally created through the use of the Import Tool using, however, if necessary, it is possible to manually create new bespoke items. Note, a universal license will be required for each new bespoke item added to the database. Note, the Bespoke Name titles can be literally anything.
Click the New button in the Toolbar
Enter the Bespoke Name 1, Bespoke Name 2 and Bespoke Name 3
The Bespoke Name 1 is mandatory
Choose the Process and Sub Process that the device will be assigned to. The defaults will already be selected.
The Context Menu (Right Click on the Grid) provides multi select functionality to the grid. It is possible to select one item using the left click of the mouse, or multiple items using a combination of ctrl or shift and left click. Once selected Right Click the mouse for the Context Menu.
- Open Details: show the details tab for one or many items. It is possible to open in a new Tab or new Window.
- Links: Allows adding Application, User Migration, Device links to each Device. See below for more detail
- New Note: Add Note information to one or many Devices. These notes are displayed in the Details Tab
- New Task: Create a New Task for the Bespoke Item. Tasks will appear in the Task Tab as well as the Tasks Module
- Move to Process: Change the Process and Sub Process of one or many Bespoke Items
- Deployment Units: Add and Remove Deployment information for Devices. See below for detail on overriding Deployment Information
- Blueprints: Add or Remove Blueprints for Bespoke Items . See Blueprints for info
- Teams: Assign team members to Bespoke Items. This could be engineers, delegates etc
- Update Fields: Bulk update Text, Dropdown and Date fields from the Details Tab
- Update Custom Form: Bulk update Custom Form information for multiple Bespoke Items
- Copy: Bulk copy one or many fields. See below
- Lock: Lock and Unlock Bespoke Items . Locking will stop any changes and updates to the User Migration
- Archive: Place Bespoke Items into an Archived state. These Bespoke Items will only be visible using the Segments\Other Filters\Archived view from the Ribbon
- Delete: Mark Bespoke Items for permanent deletion. These Bespoke Items will be deleted after a set period of time. Until permanent deletion they can be viewed using the Segments\Other Filters\Deleted view and can then be Undeleted using the context menu
Deployment Unit information will only be available on the context menu if it is enabled in Administration\Devices\Self Schedule & DU
How to Override Deployment Unit Information
The Context menu can be used to Add and Remove a Deployment Unit for a Bespoke Item. Multiple Bespoke Items can be added to and removed from Deployment Units using the context menu.
Additionally, it is possible to override Deployment Unit information for one or many Bespoke Items by selecting Override Migration Slot
This functionality should only be used as an exception when it is absolutely necessary to hand craft a particular migration
- Select the information that needs to be overridden by using the checkboxes to the right. Be careful as this will override information for all of the Devices selected.
- Change the information you wish to set for all Bespoke Items selected
- Click Update
How to bulk copy field information from the Grid
Using the Right Click Context menu, it is possible to copy multiple pieces of information for multiple Bespoke Items. After clicking Copy in the context menu, select the fields to be copied to the Clipboard
Note: The Copy button has three additional choices: -Copy No Header -Copy Comma Delimited -Copy Space Delimited
Adding Links to Applications, Devices, Mailboxes or Bespoke objects
In the example below, Application links are added to Bespoke Items. The same process can be used for Bespoke Items, Mailboxes or Bespoke Objects. Generally Links are created automatically using connectors to (for example) SCCM, SNOW, NextThink etc. The information below shows how to do this process manually using the context menu.
Select the Bespoke Items that need to be updated. Right click for the context menu and select "Link Applications..."
- Search for the Application to be liked to each Bespoke Item
- Select the Application from the Grid
- Click Create Links
After clicking Create Links, a link between each Bespoke Item and that application will be created.
The "Create Links" button has a number of additional options depending upon whether Bespoke Items, Devices, Mailboxes and Bespoke items are enabled in ManagementStudio. This is discussed in the Complex Links section below.
Adding Complex Link information between Applications, Devices, Mailboxes and Bespoke items
Sometimes it is necessary to manually create a link chain between more than one item. For example:
LONPC001 as application Adobe Acrobat installed for John Smith
In this example;
- Select the device LONPC001 from the main Devices grid. Right click for the context menu and select: "Add Links\To Applications"
- When the Applications chooser appears, search for Adobe Acrobat, select the correct version. Now click on the down arrow on the Create Links button (see step 3 above)
- Select Additional Links to User Migrations
- The User Migration chooser will now appear. Select the User Migration or Migrations that need to be linked to the Device->App->User relationship
- Click Create Links
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.