TABLE OF CONTENTS
- User Interface
- Using the Context Menu
- General Information
- Adding Application, Device and Bespoke Links to User Migrations
- How to Override Deployment Unit Information
- How to bulk copy field information from the Grid
- Adding Links to Applications, Devices, Mailboxes or Bespoke objects
- Adding Complex Link information between Applications, Devices, Mailboxes and Bespoke items
- Further Support
The User Migrations module follows the same Common Grid Layout format as the Applications, Devices, Deployment Units, Defects and Bespoke modules. A description of the Common Grid Functionality can be found here.
How to see Application count for each user on the grid
From the Link Counts section of the Ribbon,
- click on Applications
- Note the Application count column
How to see Device count for each user on the grid
From the Link Counts section of the Ribbon
- Click on Devices
- Note the Device count column
How to Manually create a New User Migration
User Migrations are generally created using Connectors, for example AD, SCCM, SysTrack, SNOW etc. However, if necessary, it is possible to manually create new User Migrations. Note, a universal license will be required for each new User Migration added to the database.
Click the New button in the Toolbar
Enter the First Name, Last Name, SAM Account and Domain
The SAM Account is mandatory
Choose the Process and Sub Process that the user will be added to. The defaults will already be selected.
Using the Context Menu
The Context Menu (Right Click on the Grid) provides multi select functionality to the grid. It is possible to select one item using the left click of the mouse, or multiple items using a combination of ctrl or shift and left click. Once selected Right Click the mouse for the Context Menu.
Adding Application, Device and Bespoke Links to User Migrations
Application, Device and Bespoke item links can be added to each User Migration using the Right Click Context Menu.
How to Override Deployment Unit Information
The Context menu can be used to Add and Remove a Deployment Unit for a User Migration. Multiple User Migrations can be added to and removed from Deployment Units using the context menu.
Additionally, it is possible to override Deployment Unit information for one or many User Migrations by selecting Override Migration Slot
This functionality should only be used as an exception when it is absolutely necessary to hand craft a particular migration
- Select the information that needs to be overridden by using the checkboxes to the right. Be careful as this will override information for all of the User Migrations selected.
- Change the information you wish to set for all User Migrations selected
- Click Update
How to bulk copy field information from the Grid
Using the Right Click Context menu, it is possible to copy multiple pieces of information for multiple User Migrations. After clicking Copy in the context menu, select the fields to be copied to the Clipboard
Note: The Copy button has three additional choices: -Copy No Header -Copy Comma Delimited -Copy Space Delimited
Adding Links to Applications, Devices, Mailboxes or Bespoke objects
In the example below, Application links are added to User Migrations. The same process can be used for Devices, Mailboxes or Bespoke Objects. Generally Links are created automatically using connectors to (for example) SCCM, SNOW, NextThink etc. The information below shows how to do this process manually using the context menu.
Select the User Migrations that need to be updated. Right click for the context menu and select "Link Applications..."
- Search for the Application to be liked to each User Migration
- Select the Application from the Grid
- Click Create Links
After clicking Create Links, a link between each User Migration and that application will be created.
The "Create Links" button has a number of additional options depending upon whether Devices, Mailboxes and Bespoke items are enabled in ManagementStudio. This is discussed in the Complex Links section below.
Adding Complex Link information between Applications, Devices, Mailboxes and Bespoke items
Sometimes it is necessary to manually create a link chain between more than one item. For example:
John Smith uses Adobe Acrobat on Laptop Device LONPC001
In this example;
- Select the user John Smith from the main User Migrations grid. Right click for the context menu and select: "Add Links\To Applications"
- When the Applications chooser appears, search for Adobe Acrobat, select the correct version. Now click on the down arrow on the Create Links button (see step 3 above)
- Select Additional Links to Devices
- The Device chooser will now appear. Select the Device or Devices that need to be linked to the User->App->Device relationship
- Click Create Links