TABLE OF CONTENTS
Whenever a change is made in ManagementStudio, a change history record is created with a description of the change, who made it and when. History records cannot be edited. ManagementStudio has a comprehensive audit system that logs actions that users perform, object types, timestamps and other details. This tab also includes views and filters to help you navigate through the audit records.
Accessing the History Tab
To view the History tab:
- Choose the relevant module from the vertical menu bar on the left (1), in this example, Applications, and double click an item from the main grid (2) to open the details panel.
- Click the History tab (1).
The History Tab Layout
Although the options will vary between modules, the layout consists of two core areas:
- The Control Bar (2) across the top provides quick access to common features. Because the history table can become so large, you can utilise the search and filter tools to limit the table's content based on certain text or based on a specific time period. More information from left to right:
|Reload||Reloads the page undoing any changes|
|History type Drop down menu||It is possible to display the history fields within the Details, Customs Forms, Surveys, Test Sign off for any module|
|From/To||This defines the date range|
|Normal/Verbose||Toggle between a normal view mode and a verbose view mode. Note, the verbose mode display more information on the grid|
|Search Grid/Clear Search||Functionality to search the items on the grid|
|Show/Hide Grid Group Bar||Grouping functionality. required if grouping the information by a particular heading|
|Select Grid Items||Select functionality|
|Copy/Export Grid Items||Option to copy and export the items on the grid|
|Pivot to Table/Chart||Provides the ability to manipulate and analyze the data|
|Grid Column Chooser||Allows the user to add additional columns to the grid|
|Help||Access to Online Help article|
The Verbose logging is not available in either Custom Forms or Links.
- The History Grid (3) displays all the history fields within the selected options (Details, Custom Forms, Surveys, Test Sign offs). The following fields are available in view on the details page:
- Property - the fields on the details page that the action was performed on
- Old Value - the previous value on the field
- New Value - the new value of the field
- Changed By - the user who initiated the action
- Date Changed - the date and time when the audit action occurred
- HistoryId - the identifier for the audited item; each tracked action has its own unique identifier
Using the Grid Column chooser, a User can add additional columns to the main grid.
This tab supports a keyboard shortcut.
- Reload: CTRL+R
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.