TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Types of History Report
- History Report Overview
- Limiting the Content Displayed
- Viewing A History Report
- Further Support
ManagementStudio tracks the history of updates made within a module, the user who initiated the update, description of the update, timestamp and other details. You can easily view this information through the History Report (1) button from the ribbon within any module.
Types of History Report
In ManagementStudio, there are the following types of history reports (2) available:
- Details History - Displays all audited items from the details tab
- Custom Form History - Displays all audited items from the custom form created
- Survey History - Displays all audited items from the surveys
- Test Sign-Off History - Displays all audited items from the test sign-off forms
- Links History - Displays all audited items from the links table
History Report Overview
The History report displays information about the creation of the item and the last modification and contains a table that details the individual fields modified including the field modified, the old value, the new value and who made the change and when. As this can become so large, you can utilise the data Source and filter tools to limit the contents based on certain criteria or based on a specific time period.
Limiting the Content Displayed
At the top of the screen, you have various functions to assist with limiting the amount of data displayed.
- Options (1)
- Report Type menu
- Verbose Details – Provide additional rich information on the grid
- Activity Timeline – Used to visually analyse a sequence of activities
- Date Range (2)
- Start – The first date in the date range you want to view
- End – The last date in the date range you want to view
- Data Source (3)
Note: The following options will be different depending on which module you are in.
- All Deployment Units – Display the history information on all deployment units.
- Explicit Deployment Units – Only display the history information on the selected Deployment units
- Select Processes – Select the deployment units from a particular process you want to view
- Select Processes status – Display the history information from deployment units in a particular process with this status
- Select Blueprints – Display the history information from deployment units in a particular blueprint
- Select Deployment Unit – Display the history information from the selected deployment units
- Include Archived – Include history information from archived items on the grid
- Include Deleted – Include history information from deleted items on the grid
The Control Bar located at the middle of the screen provides quick access to common features to further manipulate the data displayed on the grid. From left to right.
The Control Bar across the top provides quick access to common features. From left to right
Viewing A History Report
You may want to view the history report for all Deployment units currently in the '4. DU Locked\On Hold' workflow process. The following steps outlines the process:
- Navigate to the Deployment unit module
- Select the History Report button from the ribbon at the top
- Specify the date range you want to view
- Click the Data source tab at the top
- Ensure Select Process is selected
- Click Add Process and select 4. DU Locked\On Hold
- Click Run History Report
- This will display all the history report against all the deployment units currently in the DU Locked\On hold process on the main grid
- The report can be exported using the steps outlined in this article