TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing the Task Manager module
- Task Manager Layout
- Creating a New Task
- Managing Tasks
- Further Support
ManagementStudio can assist Project Administrators with productivity, offering a way to record, relate and assign Tasks and to-do items that require action. After setting up the Project, the next thing to do is begin creating the Tasks. Task are used to define the Project's scope and represents the actual workflow. A Project admin may have 1 project with multiple tasks representing the project details. The Task Manager module provides the ability to assign all activities that are necessary for finishing the project.
Accessing the Task Manager module
Task Manager Layout
The layout consist of two core areas:
1. The Control Bar across the top allows users to perform different grid-based functions. From left to right:
- Reload Task - Refreshes the contents on the grid.
- Locked - Used to filter the grid to display all locked task.
- Archived - Used to filter the grid to display all archived task.
- Deleted - Used to filter the grid to display all deleted task.
- New Task - This button allows you to create a new task .
- View Toggle - There are two possible way of displaying the task grid.
- Grid View - This displays the Tasks in a tabular view and exposes following Toolbar functions
- Kanban View - By default, this view is displayed. Its a visual way to display the task within a project.
- Compact Card - Quick access to important information in a compact card view.
- Full Card - This displays all the information on the grid.
- Category - These are the groups, you can use to sort your task into. Eg As Intended, Fixed, Broken.
2. Task Main Grid displays all the task within the project and also the process its currently in.
Creating a New Task
- Click on the New Task button from the control bar across the top.
- Fill in the Subject and Description fields (1) of the task.
- Choose the Process (2) that the task will be assigned to. The default will already be selected.
- Click New (3).
Amending the Task Details
- Click on the Task Details (1) button within a task .
- The Task Details tab (2) will be displayed on a different window.
- Amend the details.
- Click Save Task (3) to commit the changes.
Customising the Colour Schema
It is possible to customise the colour schema against the task list. This can be defined for the Process, Tag, Category and Priority. The example that follows will use the creation a new tag name 'Pilot Group' with '#FFE6B9B7' color hex to illustrate the process.
- Switch to the Administration (1) view by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left of the application window.
- Choose the Tasks tile and select Menu Items (2).
- Select Tag (3) from the menu group dropdown.
- Click here to add new item (4) to add a new Tag.
- Fill in the details and set the color schema (5).
- Click the Save Changes (6) button at the top of the window to commit the changes.
The following functions are available when the Grid View is enabled
- To sort records on the Task List View, click any column title which is sortable. This will sort the column either ascending or descending
- To search for a Task, use the search box at the top of the screen
- For a detailed guide on importing Tasks, please see the Data Importer article
- To track all changes to audited fields, in the Task record, you can click the History tab on the Task's detail view
Using the Context Menu
The Context Menu (Right Click on the Grid) provides multi select functionality to the grid. It is possible to select one item using the left click of the mouse, or multiple items using a combination of ctrl or shift and left click. Once selected Right Click the mouse for the Context Menu.