TABLE OF CONTENTS
A User can export ManagementStudio records in .csv and .xls format. When exporting records from ManagementStudio, the user can specify the name of the file and the save location during the execution of the export. The exported file can be opened using applications such as Libre Office Calc or Microsoft Office Excel.
The file displays in a tabular format with columns and rows. When data is exported from ManagementStudio, the record ID is included with all other fields that are specified in the export list for that module (User Migration, Devices, Applications, Defects, Tasks, Deployment Unit etc). The record ID can be used as a reference for performing a 'Create new records and update existing records' import, as detailed in the Data Importer article.
This function is available within all Modules in ManagementStudio.
Steps to Export Records
- Select the records from the Grid List View on the module's home page.
- Select 'Export to Excel (All)' or 'Export to CSV (All)' from the Copy drop-down menu at the top.
- Browse to the location to save the file.
- Name the File and select Save to execute the operation.
- There will be a notification displaying, 'Export Started' and then another notification displaying 'Export Completed'.
- Browse to the file and open the file.
- The file contains all the fields in the module from which you are exporting the data.
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.