TABLE OF CONTENTS
In some scenarios it's useful to be able to copy an applications "Dependency Of" applications to another application.
- There are five applications which depend on Java Runtime 1.6
- Java Runtime 1.6 is due to be replaced with Java Runtime 1.7
- The five applications which depend on Java Runtime 1.6 need to be updated to depend on Java Runtime 1.7. (These five applications are known as Dependency Of applications)
- Copy the AppIDs of the five Dependency Of applications
- Double click on Java Runtime 1.6 -> Change to the Dependencies tab -> In the Is Dependency Of section (lower half) click the dropdown by Copy -> Export to Excel (All) -> Save this file
- Prepare the spreadsheet for import
- Open the Excel spreadsheet
- Delete the cell containing the text "Total: x"
- Rename the Id column header to ParentId
- Add a column called ChildId
- Fill this column with the AppID of the new application, Java Runtime 1.7 (3943 in this example)
- Save the spreadsheet
- Add the Dependency Of applications to the new application, Java Runtime 1.7
- Click Import Data -> Applications
- Select the Excel file -> Open
- Setup the Details/Special settings for the three entries as shown in the green lines below
- Click Import Data (Note: You may see an error in the Import Log such as Not allowed to update: AppId. This can be ignored)
Java Runtime 1.7 now has the same Dependency Of applications as Java Runtime 1.6
Optional step: It may be necessary to remove the Dependency Of applications for Java Runtime 1.6
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.