TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Further Support
Sometimes it might be useful to retrieve extra information that are stored in external sources into ManagementStudio. The guide will walk through the steps required to retrieve a Device processor core count from SCCM into ManagementStudio.
Any fields stored in the SCCM DB or Active Directory can be retrieved into ManagementStudio
Step 1 - Create a Field to hold the value
- Switch to Administration -> Extensions -> Connectors -> Devices Conn UI (1).
- Select the SCCM tab (2) from the tabbed menu on the left.
- Click New Field (3).
- Set the field label to Number of Cores with type as Number of Integer (4).
- Set the display Order so that it shows in the area as the other Processor Fields (5).
- Click Save Changes (6).
- Select and right click on the new field.
- Scroll down and select Copy Path from the context menu (7).
Step 2 - Configure SCCM Connector to harvest the new field
- Switch to Administration -> Extensions -> Connectors (1).
- Select the SCCM connector (2).
- Go to the Import Devices (1) panel.
- Click Add New Setting (2) to add a line to the bottom of the mapping table.
- Specify the details as follows:
- Target: Custom Field
- MS Field: [Path copied from step 1]
- SCCM Field: [NumberOfCores0@v_GS_Processor@dbo]
- Click Save Changes at the top.
- Run the SCCM Connector.
- When the connector finishes, it will retrieve the device processor core count and populate the field specified in ManagementStudio.
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.