TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Further Support
Sometimes it might be useful to retrieve extra information that are stored in external sources into ManagementStudio. The guide will walk through the steps required to retrieve a Device processor core count from SCCM into ManagementStudio.
Any fields stored in the SCCM DB or Active Directory can be retrieved into ManagementStudio
Step 1 - Create a Field to hold the value
- Switch to Administration -> Extensions -> Connectors -> Devices Conn UI (1).
- Select the SCCM tab (2) from the tabbed menu on the left.
- Click New Field (3).
- Set the field label to Number of Cores with type as Number of Integer (4).
- Set the display Order so that it shows in the area as the other Processor Fields (5).
- Click Save Changes (6).
- Select and right click on the new field.
- Scroll down and select Copy Path from the context menu (7).
Step 2 - Configure SCCM Connector to harvest the new field
- Switch to Administration -> Extensions -> Connectors (1).
- Select the SCCM connector (2).
- Go to the Import Devices (1) panel.
- Click Add New Setting (2) to add a line to the bottom of the mapping table.
- Specify the details as follows:
- Target: Custom Field
- MS Field: [Path copied from step 1]
- SCCM Field: [NumberOfCores0@v_GS_Processor@dbo]
- Click Save Changes at the top.
- Run the SCCM Connector.
- When the connector finishes, it will retrieve the device processor core count and populate the field specified in ManagementStudio.