ManagementStudio uses Surveys as a method of enabling administrators to collect further information from users. Surveys could be used to validate the information held about a user, issue new policy documentation, or request further information about a specific application. Users interact with ManagementStudio directly via a web browser.
This document discusses the Settings panel of a Survey. Although the examples within this document reference the Applications module, Surveys are supported in Users, Devices, Applications, Mailboxes, Deployment Units, Bespoke, and Defects.
For further information about how to configure other Survey panels, please visit:
- Display Fields: https://support.managementstudio.com/a/solutions/articles/14000109918
- Emails: https://support.managementstudio.com/a/solutions/articles/14000109919
- PS / CSS / JS: https://support.managementstudio.com/a/solutions/articles/14000109920
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Accessing the Survey Configuration Page
- Create a New Survey
- Survey Settings
- Further Support
Accessing the Survey Configuration Page
The Survey configuration page is accessed through the Administration section:
- Switch to Administration (1) and select the appropriate module. The example below uses Applications.
- Scroll to the Surveys, Sign-Offs & Self Schedule panel and select Surveys (2).
- The Settings tab will be displayed by default.
- Save Changes: Save changes after creating or editing a survey.
- Cancel Changes: Dismiss any changes to the survey since the last save.
- New Survey: Create a new survey.
- Select Survey: Choose a survey to review/edit/delete.
- Delete Survey: Delete the selected survey.
Create a New Survey
- Click the New Survey button (1) from the toolbar:
- Enter a name that describes the Survey (this will be used throughout ManagementStudio as a reference) and click OK to confirm:
- Ensure that Is Enabled is ticked (1) and click the Save Changes button (2)
The Settings page, displayed by default, contains the internal controls and configuration options that are required to manage a Survey. When a new Survey is created, many of the fields are populated with default values to simplify the customisation process for a ManagementStudio administrator. The sections are:
- Page Text
- On Screen Messages
- Comments & Completed By
- Misc Options
Information about the object can be retrieved from ManagementStudio and added to the form by referencing Keywords in the text areas. For example, Hello [TestSignOff-FirstName] will be substituted with Hello Matt in the test form. Rich text formatting is provided by HTML and Markdown.
When changes are made, the Save Changes button at the top of the Survey must be used to commit the update.
- Survey Name: The human-readable name for the Survey, found in the Toolbar dropdown. This will be the main reference in ManagementStudio.
- Is Enabled: This controls whether the Survey is accessible to the end-user. If Is Enabled is unticked, the end-user will receive a message advising them that the Survey is no long available.
- Survey Id: The internal ID for the Survey.
The Page Text panel contains the text that the user sees on the Survey.
- Header: The headline title or greeting that appears at the top of the page (point 1 in the image below),
- Sub Header: The test's sub-title (point 2 in the image below),
- Description: A text area that introduces the test's purpose to the user (point 3 in the image below).
On Screen Messages
On Screen Messages are displayed when a user submits a Survey.
- Complete Message: On successful submission of the Survey, the text contained within this field will be displayed.
- Error Message: If an error is encountered, the text within this field will be displayed to the user.
Comments & Completed By
The Comments & Completed By section controls whether users have the option to leave comments and how the Survey should be handled on submission:
- Show Comments Box: Displays a large, multi-line text area for users to enter comments relating to the Survey (point 1 in the image below).
- Comments Trigger Fail: When a user enters a comment into a Survey, the Results field is set to Fail in the ManagementStudio interface. This is to help easily identify Surveys that may require further attention.
- Show Completed By: When enabled, this field allows a user to enter their name prior to submitting the Survey (point 2 in the image below).
- Lock On Complete: By default, a Survey is locked on submission to prevent users from revisiting the Survey and changing information. Deselect this option if users will be required to modify the data after submission. Please note: The ManagementStudio console provides the ability to unlock Surveys on an ad hoc basis.
Users are notified by email that their participation in the Survey is required. Two options are available:
- Send Reminder after X Days: ManagementStudio will remind users to complete a Survey if no response is received within 14 days.
- Send Email on Complete: When selected, this option will send an email to the user confirming that their response was received.
The following settings enable the text that appears at the bottom of the Survey to be customised:
- Show Pass / Fail Opts: By default, the Pass and Fail buttons are displayed in the Survey. Deselect the option to hide these buttons.
- Pass Button Label: Provide alternative text for the Pass button. For example, Submit.
- Fail Button Label: Provide alternative text for the Fail button. For example, I have a question.
- Show Save Button: Enabling this option will allow the user to save their progress. This is not enabled by default to encourage users to submit their response in a timely fashion.
- Save Button Label: Provide alternative test for the Save button.
- Save Survey As PDF: With this option enabled, a screenshot of the Survey page is attached to the parent object when submitted. This is available as a download.
- PDF Attachment Type: When PDFs are attached to a record, they are assigned to categories to help locate files more easily. By default, the following options are available:
- App Test Sign-Off PDF
- App Test User Attachment
- Change Request
- Discovery Docs
- License Info
- Survey Attachments Type: This option specifies the tag that is used on attachments when uploading to the record. The options are the same as the previous setting.
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.