TABLE OF CONTENTS
The ability to lock a survey allows administrators to stop end-users from submitting or continuing with their survey until further notice. A survey lock can be applied to or removed from surveys individually, in bulk or through the use of automation. This article outlines the steps required to bulk lock a survey within the User Migrations module. This approach applies to the other modules in ManagementStudio. Here's an article on how to unlock a Survey.
Step 1 - Determine the Survey Id for the Survey
- Switch to Administration>User Migrations>Surveys (1).
- Select the survey from the dropdown menu (2).
- Click Settings (3).
- Make a note of the Survey id (4).
Step 2 - Configure the PowerShell Script
Create a PowerShell script to lock the target survey.
- Switch to Administration>PowerShell Scripts (1).
- Click on Click here to add new item (2).
- Enter a script name.
- Click on the Edit (3) symbol and enter the following script.
Please change the survey id to match the id noted in step 1
Update-MSLockSurveyForModuleItems -InstanceIds $ScriptArgs.Items -Module UserMigrations -SurveyId XX
- Click OK (4).
- Enter the following within the specified columns
|Script Name||Lock Validation Survey - Any name can be used|
|Category||Internal -Lock survey|
|Description||Script to lock a specified survey|
|Click Edit to edit the PowerShell script||Paste in the script. See note above for changes that are required.|
|Run As||Api Account|
|Grant Access||Power User role group or the role group of users you wish to grant access to be able to run this script.|
Step 3 - Configure the UI Button to Run the Lock Script
- Switch to Administration>User Migrations>UI Buttons (1).
- In the screenshot below, the target survey is the User Validation Survey.
- Click on the Plus (2) symbol next to the target survey.
- Enter the Name of the Button label, select the Grant access 1 level from the dropdown menu (3).
- Select the Script name within the Run Script column (3).
- Click Save Changes (4).
- Click on Restart.
- Switch to the User Migrations module.
- Select the Users (1) you would like to lock their surveys on the grid.
- Right Click and select Surveys(2)->The target survey (3)>Survey button (4) created.
- Click Continue to confirm.
- Within a few minutes, there will be a message displayed 'Survey Lock Complete'.
If you require further support, please visit ManagementStudio's Service Desk to search the knowledge base or create a new support ticket.